Clara, Olivia and Andrew

Clara, Olivia and Andrew
The 3 Amigos

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a Day!

Although we knew the girls were going back to Fresno soon, a few things changed along the way. They left today, Thursday April 23, they left by helicopter and they went to Children's Hospital of Central California. I am starting at the end of the day and working my way back. This is Clara leaving the hallowed halls of Lucile Packard.
Katie is giving her touch that says have a safe journey and I will see you soon.
Clara is all bundled and ready for her first helicopter ride.
Staff from Children's is getting her ready to go as Katie looks on.

Gloria wishes her a safe journey. Oh, how we will miss our nurses!

Katie and Gloria share a laugh on this whirlwind day.

Clara is following her sister to their new hospital home.

Clara is just sleeping away and will wake up in her new location, closer to home and her loving family.

This is Olivia's helicopter arriving at the helicopter pad at CHCC.

Jeremy, Grandma Jannita, Aunt Hannah, Aunt Sarah and Aunt Rachel are there to greet them.

Hospital personnel are there to take her inside.

Olivia going to her new "home."
Olivia is making her way down the long corridors to her helicopter.

Have a safe journey.
A quick wave and off she goes.

A bundle of joy and spirit

Don't forget me or my pacifier.
Head'em up! Move'em out !

Bye, bye, Molly, I love you.

Katie, Olivia, Jasmine and Theresa say their goodbyes. They are incredible people.

We will miss you so much!
This is Jeremy's first baby picture.
This is Katie on her first day. This might help you vote.
Praise God for this miracle. I will write more about the journey tonight. Love to all of you.
(My computer is acting up.)
Quote of the Day:
(dedicated to our nurses, nurse practitioners, doctors and all other staff at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital)
Happy trails to you until we meet again.
Dale Evans Rogers

10 comments:

Mandy Pearson said...

Wow! Things are moving fast! What fantastic news. We're happy they are one step closer to being home. So nice to have family so close now. :-)
Love, Lane & Mandy

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine all the emotions sending the girls off in a helicopter and saying goodbyes! Wonderful and crazy and scary - something like that! I love you all and them so much...yikes I'm starting to cry! Must be the pregnancy hormones.

xoxox from Reno

Anonymous said...

Such an exciting day for everybody! These million dollar babies are so loved by so many. Gr-grandma Iva has to get rid of the "frog" in her throat so she can go greet them.
Welcome home! Love to all.

Anonymous said...

j & k,
watching you two go through this time has been such a blessing and an encouragement to my heart.

our hearts are overwhelmed with thankfulness to God for answering so many prayers for you and the girls.

thank you for the daily postings....it's as if we are right there with you guys on this incredible journey.

willhuntforfood said...

Such great news! We'll continue to pray for more great blessings.

Anne B. said...

So happy that things are going well and that you will be closer to home!

Anonymous said...

Olivia and Clara look absolutley beautiful and ready for their big trip to Fresno. Congratulations!! They're a step closer to going home...how exciting and emotional!
Love, Chantal

Anonymous said...

Katie and Jeremy,
What can I say...I miss the girls already!I am so sad to have not been at work when you all left and not have said our goodbyes (I probably would've cried..)
It was such a pleasure to have taken care of Clara during her stay at Stanford. Every time I went to work I looked forward to it, because the girls progressed as the days went by, it was so rewarding. I also learned so much from both of you; I was totally impressed by your dedication and love towards your babies and each other, and the amazing support of your relatives.
I will always think of you and will be waiting for the time we see each other again. Bye for now!
With much love,
Analia (Clara's primary nurse at LPCH)

Malynda said...

What a whirlwind day! Mom, dad, and both of the girls look great. What a beautiful family you have. Glad to have you home. Love you lots.

Theresa said...

I totally miss the girls and you guys!! =( I didn't get to say goodbye to Clara, had a really crazy day that night she left.
But it's ok i don't like goodbyes, it'll be more like I'll see you later!! I'm so glad you guys have this website to keep us connected & updated on the girls progress! Best wishes to your entire family, you all are such wonderful people and I am honored to have met you all and cared for your little girls!! Come back and visit soon! Miss you guys! Love you all, take care until we meet again! =)